In the MODULE 2 you will find:
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
- PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES AND TOOLS
The content of this module
1. Brief history of hygiene
2. The importance of hygiene - definitions and concepts
3. Why teaching hygiene & self care is important for special needs children?
4. Who is responsible for teaching personal hygiene & self care?
5. The developmental stages related to the main acquisitions of hygiene behaviours
6. A piece of anatomy - considerations about anatomy and puberty
7. Developing hygiene behaviours
7.2 Hygiene routines
8. Teaching methods for the development and improvement of the hygiene behaviours.
9. BIBLIOGRAPHICAL REFERENCES
At the end of the Module 2 you will be able to:
- assess the level of achievement regarding the hygiene behavior of a child.
- design a hygiene routine plan,
- use tailored methods for teaching hygiene behaviors and anatomy to children with special needs
- express professional conduct towards special needs children
- express a practical attitude and interest concerning various methods for teaching hygiene routines for special needs persons
- support parents and other caregivers in the process of exercising hygiene routines with special needs children